Www.ripe.net redesign is live!

Hi everyone. I’m happy to announce that the redesigned www.ripe.net website is now live.

We’re hoping that you see some improvements, particularly with search and accessibility. The site should also work a lot better on mobile devices and tablets.

It’s a large and complex website, and while we’ve tried hard to ensure a smooth migration there may be some things we have missed. Please let us know if there are any issues you come across or suggestions for improvement.

2 Likes

It looks great! Some community comments already coming in…

It looks amazing!
It does look nice, but it no longer tells me my (v6) address :blush:
I like readability on iphone. Also, let’s get rid of 3 level deep menus, it’s not the text adventure game anymore :slight_smile:
I’d love to see Dark Mode available for the site
In Firefox 118 the search menu can not be closed by a left click. Right click works, but feels odd.

It’s not a complaint but for in case any of your team haven’t noticed, I saw DANE TLSA validation failed earlier today.
I didn’t have enough time to dig deeper but it may be related to this problem.

1 Like

Looks good - much slicker and professional

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback so far. Some quick responses:

It does look nice, but it no longer tells me my (v6) address :blush:

This still exists, but lives within the search bar. If there is enough support for this we can investigate moving this somewhere more prominent.

I like readability on iphone. Also, let’s get rid of 3 level deep menus, it’s not the text adventure game anymore :slight_smile:

This is something we’re looking at. We migrated over 8000 pages as part of this project from the old website with a focus on design, accessibility and usability. Our Comms team is now beginning the process of improving readability and discoverability, and I believe reducing nesting is high on their list.

I’d love to see Dark Mode available for the site

Rest assured, this is on the roadmap, but I’m not able to say yet when this will be available.

In Firefox 118 the search menu can not be closed by a left click. Right click works, but feels odd.

We’re aware of this, the team are investigating as a priority fix.

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll report this to the team.

1 Like

Looks great!
I especially like the new focus on making it clear what is RIPE NCC and what is RIPE.

It does seem like most of the stuff under the community subheading in the footer should probably move to the RIPE section though?
Also the list of CoC team members has stopped bunching the entries up or whatever the correct term is so it makes the list a bit needlessly long.
https://www.ripe.net/community/code-of-conduct/ripe-code-of-conduct-team/

Other than that, it looks great. I’m looking forward to seeing more things transition to this new layout and having navigation cleaned up.

1 Like

Hi Cynthia,

We plan to add more relevant links under the RIPE section of the footer. The section to the right of the footer shows you the entire sitemap, which is why it includes Community once again. We will be fixing up the CoC team page formatting. And there are more changes to come to make the overall navigation a bit easier.

1 Like

Hi, today I revisited the site and this problem has still not resolved. The site’s TLS certificate issuer doesn’t match the TA designated by DANE TLSA RR.
You can check here: Check a DANE TLS Service

Great work for the community to discuss and share knowledge and expertise collectively.
Thanks for everyone.

Hello :slight_smile:
First off, good job on the website redesign.

However, while trying to activate a domain object, I saw that the link to the doc is broken (the “Learn more”)

It links to https://apps.db.ripe.net/docs/Database-Support/Configuring-Reverse-DNS%22" with a quote in the end

Hello Arnold,

Thanks for reporting the broken link on the domain object page, we have fixed it.

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC

Perfect. I just checked. It is indeed working now. :slight_smile:

Do you know if there is any kind of git repo for the website? Maybe we could make a pull-request when we see error’s like this instead of bothering everyone…

Thanks for confirming it’s fixed.

There isn’t a git repo for the www.ripe.net site, but there is for apps.db.ripe.net:
https://github.com/RIPE-NCC/db-web-ui

This is the fix from this morning:

Also the DB documentation has a repository:

Regards
Ed Shryane
RIPE NCC