awfully sorry if my post is off-topic,
please, would you kindly advise, if/how is it possible to determine Company name having it’s IP/range through the RIPE API?
I tried this: http://rest.db.ripe.net/search.json?query-string=18.104.22.168&flags=no-filtering
it nearly works, but not 100%: there may be organization name in either of “netname”, “org-name”, “org”, but sometimes i’m getting responses without any of them, with only “desc” field. (It may gravely complicate parsing logic, at least, apart from my doubts if i’m on correct curve at all).
Is there some straightforward way to get the organization name by IP ? F.e. i have smarthone, it’s IP and want to find out which mobile operator gave this IP at the moment and place?
Sorry once again, i used whois many times, but now need to go deeper…
You’re on the right track, the “org:” reference in an inetnum or inet6num object points to an organisation object, which contains an “org-name:” attribute with the organisation’s name.
By default when you search the RIPE database, the referenced organisation is always returned. If there is no “org:” reference then you must perform a less-specific query (i.e. with the flags=L query parameter), and find the closest-matching inetnum or inet6num with an “org:” reference.
For more complete documentation about the RIPE DB REST API, have a look on GitHub:
If you want to include address space that’s not in the RIPE database, then I suggest you use the RDAP API:
Which will also return a reference to the organisation and will redirect to the authoritative RIR.
For example: https://rdap.db.ripe.net/ip/22.214.171.124
And then follow the “registrant” beginning with “ORG-” which references the organisation to:
Hope this helps.
many thanks!, I will try the RDAP, seem to be an interesting option for my task
i also tried to use ‘resource-holder=true’ Q-param,
it adds smt, looking as what i need:
“name”: “Telekom Deutschland GmbH”
and for getting the correct RIR i use: statDB rir method, like:
it returns: an obj like:
“rir”: “RIPE NCC”,
IDK, if i’m correctly use the API, these two are just experimental findings, but seems works so far