Bug found in the RIPE Atlas web interface

Hi,

This week and last week I was making some small measurements (traceroute from 1-2 probes) which after about 10 minutes was reporting as failed. This did not let me download the results but if I were to take the measurement ID and try to directly access using the API URL, I was able to get the results and the measurement was successful.

I recently found that you were migrating your infrastructure and maybe this is a bug?

This bug did not affect me significantly but if anyone is anyone else is facing a similar problem. I hope this information helps.

Measurement IDs: [ 79132778, 79132777, 79132464 ]

Thanks,
Shreyas

Good morning Shreyas,

Thank you for reporting this. It appears that the status is FAILED even though there was a successful result for these measurements. I am checking with the team if the status was indeed set correctly (which would affect how the UI presents information). We will get back to you soon.

Kind Regards,
Stephen
Atlas UI

1 Like

Hi again!

Turns out there were some measurements given the wrong statuses last week when we were having some issues with our backend infrastructure. They are running a process now that is correcting these, and yours have already been processed. You should now be able to download results and do other things in the UI based on the correct status.

Thanks again for letting us know.

Kind regards,
Stephen
Atlas UI

Thank you for resolving the issue Stephen!

Happy to help.

Thanks,
Shreyas

1 Like